Are you a teacher or trainer interested in using the Escape Room model in teaching?
This guide is what you were looking for!
Table of Contents
0.1 Escape Room – Creation Guide
This guide has been designed to allow the reader to understand all the steps that make up the process of designing an educational escape room from scratch.
In addition to retracing the design process that must be the basis of the work, the guide will provide tools and advice to make your Escape Room an experience that has the right characteristics to be used for educational purposes.
- Narration – the beating heart of the story that gives life to the Escape Room. Provides a comprehensive theme that can support the consistency of the experience and promote immersion e involvement.
- The expected Learning Process – the reason behind creating an educational escape room.
- The Game Flow – describes the structure and phases of the gaming experience for the participants.
- Design of Puzzles – can be of many different types and involve both cognitive and physical skills.
- Advice for inclusion and management of needs related to Learning Disorders.
- The Debriefing – is one of the most important phases that follows the game (but often is overlooked), in which players are made aware of the learning that is taking place verified during the game.
By following the practical advice of the guide, it will be clear how to create an Escape Room that can be:
- Engaging, thanks to an in-depth study of storytelling techniques and useful tips for good storytelling;
- Suitable for teaching STEAM content;
- Inclusive, thanks to content specifically designed to ensure positive use by students with disabilities and learning disabilities;
- Interactive, thanks to the advice on useful tools available online;
- Positive for girls’ enhancement, thanks to the useful suggestions that transmit positive models for girls, stimulating their interest in STEAM subjects.
- What are the elements we should think about to generate an effective and captivating playful learning experience?
- How can we design an educational escape room for STEAM? How to connect the ER experience with STEAM programmes and with other matters too?
- Which elements are to be used? And where is it possible to find content to use and draw inspiration from?
- How can we manage the difficulty and support the players during the experience? How to manage an effective debriefing?
- Which methods and approaches should be used to involve pupils with SDA difficulties?
- Which methods and approaches should be used to deal with this aim? And to implement the ideas proposed through an educational Escape Room? We will discover seven inspirational stories about the women in STEAM !